Thursday, September 27, 2012

Your First 5k



September 22, 2012

Dear Bronx,

Today you ran your first 5K with your Daddy and you absolutely loved it!  I was so proud of both of my boys as they ran across the finish line in just under 30 minutes.  You kept asking your Daddy for “Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm.”  (more, more, more)  You were not ready to stop. :)

While I am sure you won’t remember the day you crossed the finish line at your first race, I always will.  It was the second annual Kade Meyer Memorial Run.  Kade was a little boy that attended the school Mommy used to teach at and was killed way to early in his young life.  Today as a community, family and friends gathered to celebrate his life and the incredible young man he was.  As a parent, I can’t imagine the continual heartache that would accompany losing a child and it makes me hold on to you a little longer and a little tighter everyday.

You see buddy, no one can quite describe to you, as a child, just how much you mean to Daddy and I, as your parents.  In fact, I don’t think you will truly understand the unconditional love that oozes from every ounce of my being until you someday experience it for yourself.  It is a love like no other.  One that grows every day even though I don’t think it is possible to love you more than I do right now.  A love that would do ANYTHING for you!!! As your Mommy, I strive to take care of you, protect you, enrich you, and inspire you. I hope you feel the love I have for you everyday of your life.

 I loved being there to see you cross the finish line today.  I will always be your biggest supporter, cheering the loudest as you cross the finish lines through life.  

I love you my little track star!

Mommy






No comments:

Post a Comment